Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Death by Cocktail Straw by Missouri Vaun


Death by Cocktail Straw
by Missouri Vaun
Pages: 39
Date: November 1 2016
Publisher: Bold Strokes Books
Series: The Adventures of Nash Wiley (1)

Review
Rating: 3.75
Read: November 1 2016

It's late enough that I'll probably write incoherently. Plus I'm on my phone which has a cracked screen.

I can't figure out if 'neat enough' is an actual phrase that works. No matter. Neat enough snippet of a story. Can't say that nothing happened since there were car accidents, sex, a night at a club, and a trip to the ER (unrelated to the traffic accident). Even so, I'm left wanting. Mostly because I felt a connection between the main character and a side character early on. But a bunch of other stuff, like other people, got in the way - making the interactions that did happen seem slightly off (in a 'hurry up, I want to get to the real story', way). Don't be like me - that is the story.

If I learned one thing from reading this story it's to be aware of what's in front of you. For that might be all you get (well, moral for the reader, the character seems destined for something quite nice).

Right. Problem with typing on my phone. I've no real idea what I've written. And my screen is too bad to read.

The story is something like a day in the life of a butch woman (though told over a week; I think I am messing up description). A slice of life, if you will. Wjth bits of humor mixed around.

And mixed with sadness. For a car, mostly.

November 1 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment