Thursday, August 2, 2018

Homodramatica: Family of Five by Kate Christie (

Homodramatica: Family of FiveHomodramatica: Family of Five by Kate Christie

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


Quite good interesting book based on blog posts the author wrote as she started her career as an author, and as she and her wife grew their family to include three girls.

Based on? Well, the blog posts are not just pulled and published, they are expanded upon, and modern day observations are injected into the thoughts and writings of years ago.

Many interesting tidbits. Made me teary-eyed in parts, made me laugh in parts. One of the interesting parts was when the author mentioned someone asking if she was always going to have athletes be her main characters. It's true, of course, many of the authors characters are sporty lesbians (as is herself and her wife; her first book, she notes, bares a striking resemblance to her own real life story, though she wrote the book years before). I mention that because the first book I read by the author was by a college professor writing a 'gay' version of 'Pride and Prejudice', so I didn't 'get into' the author the same way someone who read her from her first book 'got into her'.

So - great nonfiction book. And, apparently, the book ended up with my highest rating for the author.

Rating: 5+

August 2 2018



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment