Saturday, June 24, 2017

Starstruck by Harper 'H.L.' Logan

StarstruckStarstruck by Harper Logan

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


There were a lot of things that annoyed me from beginning to end. And, while a tiny part of that is connected to this book morphing from M/M to F/F (gay fiction to lesbian fiction), most of it was due to other issues. And the 'tiny part' due to the modification is due to the relatively numerous occasions when the wrong pronoun was used. If you are going to go to the trouble of modifying a book, at least make sure the pronouns are correct at a bare minimum, okay?

Right, so. To be fair to the author, there were two large reasons that I disliked this book that are fair to be in a lesbian fiction book. They are just not things that I a) handle well; and/or b) have seen too often in my reading. And those two things are: miscommunication (loads in this book), and refusal to admit to being a lesbian for way too long, to the point where relationships suffer greatly.

In terms of sex - occurred. Graphically described. Which means a few words were used that were more graphic than just bluntly stating sex occurred. (words like 'clit' and 'nipples').

Would I read another book by this author? Sure, have to examine description, though, so I can better my chances of success. To see if miscommunication and/or other disliked plot choices play parts in the book.

Rating: 2.75

June 23 2017



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment