Thursday, April 13, 2017

Phantom Pains (The Arcadia Project, #2) by Mishell Baker

Phantom Pains (The Arcadia Project, #2)Phantom Pains by Mishell Baker

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


I read this entire two book series back to back – literally starting the second book seconds after ending the first, so my review might possibly combine the two books by accident. But I’ll try to keep things separate.

This book, the second one in the series, opens four months after the end of the first book. Millie now works as an assistant for a famous actress, though that actress is now retired and runs a brand new movie studio (Valiant Studios, or some name like that). Millie isn’t exactly the best at certain things, but she does have some positive traits that correspond to her job. Though even there she has off and on days based on her ‘issues’ (Borderline Personality Disorder).

Part of her task at the studio involves attempting to do ‘something’ about ‘Studio 13’ (last seen in the prior book). The writer/show runner of the brand-new and currently popular television series really wants that studio because her current one is super small. Problem though – there’s a ‘gate’ sitting in the middle of the studio. Caryl stops by to inspect the studio, but before much inspecting could occur, something that appears to be a ghost pops up.

Naturally this and for other reasons, Millie is pulled back into helping the Arcadia Project deal with ‘stuff’. Like, say, murders, kings, queens, soul mates, and talking cats.

Well written brilliant book. I want more. (there’s a good chance I’d would have written more but it is hard to do when a lot of what I’d have said I already slid into the prior books review)

Rating: 5.5

April 13 2017




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment