Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Dairy Queen by Catherine Gilbert Murdock


Dairy Queen
by Catherine Gilbert Murdock
Pages: 291
Date: June 4 2007
Publisher: Houghton Mifflin Books
Series: Dairy Queen (first in series)

Review
Rating: 5.0 out of 5.0
Read: June 30 to July 1 2015

I know the book started off with me thinking "wow, this is really boring", but I kept reading. Because I'd seen others say they had felt the same way in the beginning then loved the book. So I kept reading. I'm not sure when it moved from "boring" to "this is really fun and interesting". But somewhere along the line, that occurred.

Most of the time I write something while reading, and then just post that as a review. Well, the only thing I wrote while reading was:
"Does it count as a chick lit book if the chick goes out for the football team? Does it count as lesbian fiction if the chick doesn't realize she's dating someone? Because D.J. just found out that Amber thought they were a couple. So. There's that."

This was a really funny, really interesting book. One of those that, if I'd stopped at about the 49% mark, I'd have thought was kind of boring. And . . . . something. Well, maybe not the 49% mark probably.

(everyone's a cow, eh? hmms.)

No comments:

Post a Comment