Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Casting Call by J.A. Armstrong


Casting Call
by J.A. Armstrong
Pages: 109
Date: June 29 2015
Publisher: Author
Series: Off Screen (5th in series)

Review
Rating: 4.0 out of 5.0
Read: July 1 2015

To be honest, the beginning was kind of boring. (I find myself beginning several reviews this way, heh). And, while it wasn't just an event that occurred between side characters that I can't reveal without spoiling, that event did raise the possibility of giving four stars. Then enough occurred "right" in the main Em/Addy story line for me to agree with myself and mark the story "4 stars". Though, just four. Not 3.8, not 4.2, and not 4.5.

I was excited to see another Armstrong story. Though I kinda wanted to see another By Design story before another Off Screen, though it was Off Screen's turn in the release cycle. I think. Which is vaguely humorous to myself considering that I started off the review for the first By Design story by noting how i liked the couple in that one less than the one in Off Screen.

No matter. I like both series. I'm happy to have a story in either. And, apparently, this specific series isn't over yet. "Intermission" is coming next at some point. Unless "Intermission" means, you know, intermission, then maybe it's a different series taking Off Screen's spot in the release rotation?

No comments:

Post a Comment