Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Parties in Congress by Colette Moody


Parties in Congress
by Colette Moody
Pages: 264
Published Date: February 15 2011
Publisher: Bold Strokes Books

Review:
Rating: 4.5 out of 5
Read: February 26 2014

This is much closer to a 4.5 star book than a 5.  Mostly because, while I was pulled along in the beginning by a desire to continue reading,  I was also wincing at some of the words actions and characters.

Quite a funny little book, mixed in with the wincing.   The mere idea of a gay Republican in 2014 just seems incomprehensible.   Course, book is from 2011 or 2010, but still.  People have been joking about the Log Cabin Republicans since the '80s.

On the other hand,  I have personally voted for (and campaigned for) Republicans,  Independents and Democrats.   Though I haven't voted for a Republican this century. So I guess it isn't that incomprehensible.

No comments:

Post a Comment